6 Lies About College You Must Know

November 05, 2017


Hi guys!


By the time college application season rolls around, most student would be willing to trade an arm and a leg to get out of high school and start college right then and there… or only I felt that way, at least. However, not everyone was as enthusiastic as I was because of the fallacy they were told about college. But you know what? Most of them are fake.


Here are a few of the worst lies you were told about college, know the truth so that you can actually feel prepared.

1. STUDY ALL DAYS


Well, it's certainly true actually but mostly you will have so much free time if you manage your time wisely. First, because you can arrange your schedule by yourself and you have some much gap between classes. Second, you can skip the class whenever you like. Hehehe..

2. EAT ON TIME


No, baby no! Probably you will miss your lunch (for example, me) because some of your class will be on 12 p.m until 3 p.m back to back. So you must take what I call it as "Bruch". Breakfast + Lunch. I'm creative, right. Talking about sleep, you will have no enough sleep. Believe me.


3. LECTURERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR ABSENCE
 


Wait, did I told that you can skip class whenever you want? Dude, it's false. Indeed, the attendance isn't compulsory but some lecturers are stricter than the teachers in the schools. Trust me, legally it's okay for you to skip classes as you please but probably you are also pleased to repeat the semester. If you love to skip class, class will always love to find you.

4. NO HOMEWORK, HAPPY LIFE

NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE! especially if you are taking a hardcore, complicated and horrible course like Bioinformatics (also, for example, me) it's quite hard for you to be as free as the birds tho. Lab reports love you more than you love yourselves. Assignments, group projects, and tutorials are all haunting you from the back. But, if you have a good networking... good friends... good social skills... and good at copy-writing, then you are safe (if you know what I mean). ;) 

5. BUILDING LOOKS LIKE HOGWARTS


Dude, you have been cheated horribly. I feel sorry for you. No buildings as majestic as in Hogwarts. Most of the colleges have scattered campuses around the state, and some of them even out of the state. So likely a campus is not as big as you thought, maybe just as big as your secondary school area.



6. PEERS WILL PUSH YOU TO SMOKE AND DRINK

Listen! People are going to ask you if you want a drink. If you say no, they literally will not care. If you decide not to drink, no one is going to look down on you for it. Same with smoking or whatever else. Just be yourself and avoid them.


I know that you've been told a lot of stuff about college. Just remember to have fun and do great things in your new environment! If you feel stuck, the lecturers always offer consultation hours.

You may thank me later.

Amer Ridzuan.

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

  1. You'll also need to add it, study on study week and do any original research or writing. HAHAHAHA.

    Rindu weh zaman tu :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahhahaha soooo trueeeee.. study week = sleep week = movie week. Only 2 days before exams start is the real study week hahaha

      Delete
  2. hahaha so true. hai followed u here #198.
    feel free to visit n followback kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..salam perkenalan dari cik manggis. Cantik2 blog senior2 semua. Harap boleh bagi tunjuk ajar.
    http://yangunguitumanggis.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cik Manggis. Glad you were here. Thanks for the compliment but I'm not that senior lah hahaha.. a newbie too. :)

      Delete
  4. The Struggle is real 😂


    Keep strong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foe me, study week is qada'-my-tidur-week. My brain are not going to cooperate well with me.

    And we will meet that kind of friends yang ambil kesempatan atas kebaikan kita. especially for group project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya right!!!!!!!! Too much acid people, but I just help anyway I could as long as it doesn't burden me. Hahaha

      Delete
  6. yeppp No 3. My lecturer even call the doctor to comfirm about the mc. Smh. Cannot skip class easily if lecturer strict!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wuish!! Seriouslah hahahaha... nih lecturer dari department discipline kot hahaha

      Delete